Implement the Extended Child Care Leave for Eligible Employee
In Carbonate, we follow the governing labour laws and regulations, especially on the employee leave benefits and privileges. Once the employee meets the criteria and is eligible for the leave, the Carbonate HR automatically make the employee entitled to that leave benefits and privileges.
One of the automated leave is the Extended Child Care leave. According to MOM Singapore, the eligible working parents of Singapore citizen children are entitled to 2 days of paid extended childcare leave per year.
Are you eligible for Extended Childcare Leave (GPCL)?
You may be entitled to 2 days of extended childcare leave every year if your youngest child is in primary school.
You are eligible for 2 days of extended childcare leave per year if you meet the following requirements:
- Your youngest child is between 7 and 12 years old (inclusive).
- Your child is a Singapore citizen.
- For employees: you have served your employer for a continuous period of at least 3 months.
- For self-employed: you have been engaged in your work for a continuous period of at least 3 months, and have lost income during the childcare leave period.
- For a part-time employee: you are entitled to 2 days of extended childcare leave based on your work schedule.
These 2 days will be paid for by the Government, capped at $500 per day, including CPF contributions. Extended childcare leave is not pro-rated.
When implementing the automated leave for employees, they must have an updated user profile. Below is the user guide for your reference:
On the General tab, scroll down to the Hiring Company. Make sure to select Singapore.
Then, on the Status, make sure that the Confirmed is selected.
Note: If you are a part-time, temporary, contract or probationary employee, your childcare leave entitlement is adjusted based on your working hours.
On the Identification tab, go to the Nationality. Make sure to select the Singapore Citizen.
Then, scroll down and fill in the fields of the following:
- Marital Status
- Marriage Date
- Date of birth of Youngest child. The youngest child must be 7 to 12 years old.
- Birth Registration Number
- Birth Registered
- Full Name
- Sex of Youngest Child
- Time of Birth
- Place or Address of Birth
Then, toggle the box of “Youngest child is Singapore Citizen”.